The Central Contracting Registry (CCR) will be replaced by the System for Award Management (SAM). SAM will be live and active May 29, 2012. (If you go to CCR.gov on May 29 you will be re-directed to SAM.gov.)
SAM is where you will go to register as an institution, organization, or business in order to apply for Federal Assistance (grants) or for contracts as of May 29, 2012.
Active CCR registration is a pre-requisite to the successful submission of grant applications. Some key notes to our grants community:
- If you have a current updated active registration, the process will be seamless to you.
- You will be unable to do a NEW registration with CCR from May 23 - 28, 2012. Any new registrations done during this period will not be processed by SAM until starting May 29, 2012.
- If your registration is set to expire anywhere between the period of May 15 - July 15, 2012, you are automatically granted an additional 90-day extension to renew your registration.
- All existing CCR data will be exported to SAM.
To learn more about the switch from CCR to SAM, you can get more information here. To learn more about SAM, you can go to SAM.gov.
The Grants.gov PMO strongly suggests that you go to CCR prior to May 23, 2012, and check your account. A quick to-do list:
- When does my account expire?
- Do I need to do my annual renewal of registration?
- Who is my eBIZ POC? Is this person still in my organization?
- Do I need to update anything?
Please feel free to contact the support desks at CCR, SAM, or Grants.gov with further questions.